Friday, February 1, 2019

Running a Holmes Basic game for my friends' kids this Saturday

It has been insanely cold, even by Minnesota standards, this week.  The US Postal Service, which never stops service for anything, stopped service during the worst of it.  As noted in Laurie Anderson-quoted lyrics: "Neither snow nor rain/nor gloom of night/shall stay these couriers/from their appointed rounds"  Except this last week.

I took my kid out on the deck and threw boiling water into the air.

Swiped from DailyMail.co.uk
Now, the Thaw approaches! 

This Saturday my buddy, who played my adventure STATUES when I ran it at my house, has in turn invited me to his house to initiate his family into RPGs. His kid is 12 and asked to learn.  I am going to run B2 Keep on the Borderlands with Holmes Basic rules.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds perfect for a frozen February weekend. I remember reading/solo playing thru B2 during a snowstorm in the early days

    ReplyDelete