Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Late Night Free-Styling Free Association

The hour is objectively not that late here, but I am flopping around in the slow-pouring liquid concrete of subjective much-later-night tiredness. 

My wife's face is lit with a blue glow. She has slid down a Wikipedia and YouTube rabbit hole because I named for her the childhood feeling she got watching Bob Ross paint on public television: ASMR.  She had never heard the label, or even known that the weird sensation wasn't unique to her.

Meanwhile, across the stretched-out cats, on the other side of the hilly blankets, I'm reading Goodberry Monthly - the latest post is a whimsically creepy list of spells for necromancers titled "Necrom- Antics."  Thoughts of the New Romantic Movement of the '80s well up unbidden from the depths of my murky night-mind.  So I have to make this:





Fronted by NecroDandy Le Bon, DeadmanDeadman is the latest dark ripple in the NecRomantic wave. Le Bon is assisted by 3 Taylors, of whom only 1/3 carry on more than a semblance of life.


But on a different note, in another time and another genre, NeuroRomantics:






1 comment: